Coastal Carolina APA - Singles Regional Tournament Winners
Congratulations to our Coastal Carolina APA players who won their division in the fall Singles Regional Tournament and qualified to play in the APA 8-Ball Classic or the APA 9-Ball Shootout tournaments held at the APA World Pool Championship in Las Vegas.
APA Singles Boards - November 30th Last Day to Qualify!
Not to late to join the APA league this session!Last Day to qualify for the
Regional Singles Championship is Wednesday, November 30!
Also look for a Singles Board opportunity in your area, or run your own! Contact Toby @ 843-450-9142 or your Division Rep, to find out how!
Captain/Co-Captain Appreciation Tournament - November 19th!
*You must be listed first on the roster for your team in this, the FALL SESSION by now to be considered the Captain and second on the roster in this session for your team to be considered the Co-Captain. Players not listed first or second on their team roster are not eligible to participate in this tournament. Both players must have a minimum of 10 lifetime scores in order to participate.
**The Captain/Co-Captain Scotch Doubles Tournament is a pick your partner, handicap 12 tournament. You do not have to partner with the captain/co-captain of your team. You may choose a captain/co-captain from any team or division in APA. As long as the player is a captain/co-captain by week 6, they are eligible to participate and partner with any other captain/co-captain. APA doubles format will be used.
To register, please text or email only! Calls will not be accepted!
Text Us @ 843-450-7665 or 843-450-9142 or Email Us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
|THANKS TO ALL OF OUR APA CAPTAINS & CO-CAPTAINS.... YOU HELP MAKE THIS LEAGUE FUN AND SUCCESSFUL|
Coastal B.U.D.S Scotch Doubles Tournament : October 29th!
$15 Per Person (If you are in Halloween costume)
(I.E. $10 to payout and $5 to Benefit. If not dressed $10 to payout $10 to Benefit)
THIS IS A BLIND DRAW SCOTCH DOUBLES TOURNAMENT TO BENEFIT COASTAL B.U.D.S DOWN SYNDROME
SUPPORT GROUP(LOCAL) WILL BE A DOUBLE ELIMINATION TOURNAMENT RACE TO 3 ON THE WINNERS,
RACE TO 2 ON LOSERS. ALL APA RULES APPLY. WILL BE PLAYED ON THE DIAMOND 7FT TABLES.
COME OUT SUPOPRT A GREAT CAUSE WIN SOME PRIZES AND HAVE A GOOD TIME!
|To register, please call the APA office @ 843-685-5625|
8-BALL DOUBLES LEAGUE STARTING ON OCTOBER 14TH!
|8-BALL DOUBLES LEAGUE STARTING ON OCTOBER 14TH!|
|* Number of teams advancing to Vegas depending on number of teams/divisions|
ALL PLAYERS MUST PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE ON FIRST NIGHT OF PLAY!
As seen to the left, the new APA membership card has been redesigned and it will be printed on a permanent card (hard and sturdy like your license). In addition, instead of the APA cards being sent to our league office for distribution to you through the Division Reps, your APA membership card will come directly to you in the mail with your APA membership packet! Each following year, you will receive a sticker in your membership packet to update the year on your membership card to show that your membership is still active. You will receive a new card every 5 years.
You MUST have a correct address on file with APA to receive your membership packet and your membership card. If you have an asterik (*) next to your name on the weekly scoresheet, if you have moved since joining APA, or if you are not currently receiving the "The American Poolplayer" magazine each session, it is highly likely you do not have an up-to-date mailing address on file with APA.
There are two ways to correct this:
- Fill out an APA membership application and update all of your information. This form can be turned in with your team's weekly scoresheets.
- Go to the APA Online Member Services website where you see your team and individual stats. Log in to your account, or create an account if you haven't done so already, and click on your profile to check and update your mailing address and other personal information.
Please note: If our local APA office has to order a replacement card for you, there will be a $5 fee. So please make sure that your information is up-to-date before January! Don't forget that you can renew and pay your membership by credit card online NOW from your APA Online Member Services account!
ALL PLAYERS MUST PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE ON FIRST NIGHT OF PLAY!
It's a new year, and ALL memberships must be renewed!
Team captains will be held responsible for any membership fees not paid by players. DO NOT ALLOW PLAYERS TO PLAY UNTIL THEY GIVE YOU THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE! We have to pay the $25 membership to St. Louis for every player who plays even once and even if a team drops him or her from their roster after 1 match. If you collect the money before the match then you will not have to worry about paying for it out of your own pocket.
APA Singles Boards - APA 8-Ball and APA 9-Ball
- Play is the same as regular weekly play, except it is an individual competition instead of team play.
- $20 Entry Fee
- First-come first-serve in increments of eight.
- Single Elimination. The whole thing takes about 3 hours.
- There is one winner for every group or "board" of 8 people. 16 people produce 2 winners, etc. Each board starts with 4 matches; the 4 winners play 2 matches to determine the finalists. The winner of the final match gets a seed at the Regional tournament to shoot for a trip to the World Pool Singles Tournament in Las Vegas.
- Boards are divided as much as possible by skill level. If we have enough people, 2's play 2's and 6's play 6's etc.
- At the Regional level and above, there are three tiers that never intersect. (Four tiers in 9-Ball)
- At the World Pool Championship each Tier winner gets $15,000.
- Each winner at the regionals get $425 towards airfare, a free single occupancy hotel room and a commemorative APA jacket! Plus a chance at $15,000! ($500,000 is paid out overall)
*Players must have an established Skill Level in the format they wish to compete (a minimum of 10 lifetime matches in the past 2 years) and also be on a regular 8 person team this session in that format in order to play.
|UPCOMING SINGLES BOARD EVENTS|
RECRUIT A FRIEND AND PLAY FREE!
Have you ever thought about how much our league would grow if every player brought in a new member??? APA's best recruitment tool is you....our members! So, APA is going to pay you for getting your friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances to join league!!! For every NEW person you bring into APA league, you will receive one week of FREE APA League Play!!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bring your friend to league with you to be placed on a team.
- Put your name on your friend's membership application.
- Once your friend has paid their APA membership fee, you will receive a free play coupon the following week to use on the week of your choice (an $8 value).
** The recruited player must be brand new to the APA to qualify for this incentive.
APA League Operators of the Year!
We are so proud and excited to find out last night that we won the League Operators of the Year award! Thank you so much to all our Division Reps, our Host Locations, Team Captains and of course, all our players, for making this such a fun and great league!
Attention: All non-smoking APA locations!
In order to ensure the timeliness of APA league matches and a decent conclusion time for APA league nights for all players, guidelines must be put in place to address smoking during APA league play. Players should be ready to play as soon as they are put up in a match. Matches will not be held for a player to take a "smoke break" before beginning their match. "Smoke Breaks" are also prohibited while a player is playing an APA match. Players must complete their match in it's entirety before going outside to smoke.