Come join the excitment of APA Pool Leagues
This is your portal to the best Amateur Recreational Billiards League in the Brunswick, Horry and New Hanover counties!
The APA is the World's Largest Amateur Pool League with more members than all other amateur leagues combined. Nationally, the APA currently boasts over 250,000 members (and growing). The APA Equalizer Handicapping system that lets all players compete on an equal level regardless of your playing ability and everyone has a shot at winning a trip to Vegas for the APA Championships!
For those of you that might be thinking: "I'm not good enough to play", consider this; 75% of APA members are beginner to intermediate players, meaning you don't have to be a Pool Pro to play. The only thing you really need, is the desire to have fun!
APA Top Gun Tournament - APA 8-Ball and APA 9-Ball!
View Top Gun Tournament - Qualified Player List
See if you made the Top 20, and if so, made the Top Gun Tournament automatic invite list!
9-BALL SCOTCH DOUBLES LAS VEGAS QUALIFIER!!!
|To register, please text the APA office @ 843-685-5625 or Toby @ 843-450-9142|
APA 8-Ball Doubles League I - Playoffs : Saturday, March 12th
|The Winning team will go to the APA National Championships in April 2016.|
APA Jack -n- Jill Tournament
To register, please text or email only! Calls will not be accepted!
Text Us @ 843-450-7665 or 843-450-9142 or Email Us @ firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Spring Singles Regional Championship!
The Spring Regional Tournament will be held at Breaktime Billiards in Wilmington, NC.
Exclusion: All Skill Levels 2 & 3 in 8-ball will be playing at Players Place in Charleston, SC
**Tournament Information will be sent to players directly from the National office.
ALL PLAYERS MUST PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE ON FIRST NIGHT OF PLAY!
As seen to the left, the new APA membership card has been redesigned and it will be printed on a permanent card (hard and sturdy like your license). In addition, instead of the APA cards being sent to our league office for distribution to you through the Division Reps, your APA membership card will come directly to you in the mail with your APA membership packet! Each following year, you will receive a sticker in your membership packet to update the year on your membership card to show that your membership is still active. You will receive a new card every 5 years.
You MUST have a correct address on file with APA to receive your membership packet and your membership card. If you have an asterik (*) next to your name on the weekly scoresheet, if you have moved since joining APA, or if you are not currently receiving the "The American Poolplayer" magazine each session, it is highly likely you do not have an up-to-date mailing address on file with APA.
There are two ways to correct this:
- Fill out an APA membership application and update all of your information. This form can be turned in with your team's weekly scoresheets.
- Go to the APA Online Member Services website where you see your team and individual stats. Log in to your account, or create an account if you haven't done so already, and click on your profile to check and update your mailing address and other personal information.
Please note: If our local APA office has to order a replacement card for you, there will be a $5 fee. So please make sure that your information is up-to-date before January! Don't forget that you can renew and pay your membership by credit card online NOW from your APA Online Member Services account!
ALL PLAYERS MUST PAY THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE ON FIRST NIGHT OF PLAY!
It's a new year, and ALL memberships must be renewed!
Team captains will be held responsible for any membership fees not paid by players. DO NOT ALLOW PLAYERS TO PLAY UNTIL THEY GIVE YOU THEIR MEMBERSHIP FEE! We have to pay the $25 membership to St. Louis for every player who plays even once and even if a team drops him or her from their roster after 1 match. If you collect the money before the match then you will not have to worry about paying for it out of your own pocket.
APA Singles Boards - APA 8-Ball and APA 9-Ball
- Play is the same as regular weekly play, except it is an individual competition instead of team play.
- $20 Entry Fee
- First-come first-serve in increments of eight.
- Single Elimination. The whole thing takes about 3 hours.
- There is one winner for every group or "board" of 8 people. 16 people produce 2 winners, etc. Each board starts with 4 matches; the 4 winners play 2 matches to determine the finalists. The winner of the final match gets a seed at the Regional tournament to shoot for a trip to the National Singles Tournament in Las Vegas.
- Boards are divided as much as possible by skill level. If we have enough people, 2's play 2's and 6's play 6's etc.
- At the Regional level and above, there are three tiers that never intersect. (Four tiers in 9-Ball)
- At Nationals each Tier winner gets $15,000.
- Each winner at the regionals get $425 towards airfare, a free single occupancy hotel room and a commemorative APA jacket! Plus a chance at $15,000! ($500,000 is paid out overall)
*Players must have an established Skill Level in the format they wish to compete (a minimum of 10 lifetime matches in the past 2 years) and also be on a regular 8 person team this session in that format in order to play.
|UPCOMING SINGLES BOARD EVENTS AT SHORE THING BILLIARDS|
|Sunday, November 29: ALL SKILL LEVELS|
|SIGN UP STARTS @ 3:00PM – PLAY STARTS @ 4:00PM|
Coastal Carolina APA - Tri-Cup Photos
Congratulations to all the teams who qualified and played in the APA Tri-Cup Tournament.
RECRUIT A FRIEND AND PLAY FREE!
Have you ever thought about how much our league would grow if every player brought in a new member??? APA's best recruitment tool is you....our members! So, APA is going to pay you for getting your friends, family, co-workers, and acquaintances to join league!!! For every NEW person you bring into APA league, you will receive one week of FREE APA League Play!!
HOW IT WORKS:
- Bring your friend to league with you to be placed on a team.
- Put your name on your friend's membership application.
- Once your friend has paid their APA membership fee, you will receive a free play coupon the following week to use on the week of your choice (an $8 value).
** The recruited player must be brand new to the APA to qualify for this incentive.
APA League Operators of the Year!
We are so proud and excited to find out last night that we won the League Operators of the Year award! Thank you so much to all our Division Reps, our Host Locations, Team Captains and of course, all our players, for making this such a fun and great league!
Attention: All non-smoking APA locations!
In order to ensure the timeliness of APA league matches and a decent conclusion time for APA league nights for all players, guidelines must be put in place to address smoking during APA league play. Players should be ready to play as soon as they are put up in a match. Matches will not be held for a player to take a "smoke break" before beginning their match. "Smoke Breaks" are also prohibited while a player is playing an APA match. Players must complete their match in it's entirety before going outside to smoke.
NEW PLAYERS - CITY FYI
All new players must have 10 lifetime scores before the end of the upcoming Spring session in order to play in the Cities!